Find us on Google+

Monday, August 13, 2012

The 3rd Eye Chakra


Hello and welcome! Our recent discussions have been geared towards our chakra system and how it works. We've looked at the intricacy of each of the lower chakras, and in this blog, I'm going to provide you with some information about the Throat Chakra!

The Third Eye, or Anja in Sanskrit , is indigo in color, and is located on the brow line, between the eyes. The third eye chakra is all about insight. When it is open, your intuition is on spot. You may have tendencies to fantasize, which is great; however, staying in a fantasy land too long will cause the chakra to become over-active. Rigid thinking will cause you to rely primarily on beliefs, rather than trusting your intuition, causing the brow chakra to become under-active. This eventually leads to difficulties in thinking for yourself, and causes one to become easily confused. In rare and extreme cases of dysfunction in the brow chakra, hallucinations may occur.

Emotional attributes of the brow chakra include intuition, wisdom, imagination, and the ability to make decisions. Conditions that manifest in the physical body due to dis-ease in this energy center include reoccurring headaches or migraines, blurry vision or blindness, nightmares, sleeping disorders, depression, neurological disorders, eye problems, and depression.

To open and balance the brow chakra, start following your intuition, meditate, make a vision board, and make a dream journal to analyze your dream. Affirm yourself by using the mantra, “I am intuitive.” or “I think positive thought about myself and everyone.” Ingest foods such as grapes, blueberries, chocolate, and lavender tea.

If you like stones and crystals, you can meditate or carry lapis lazuli, quartz, or sapphire. If I've got pants on with a pocket, you can guarantee I have my labradorite with me! Incense includes mugwort, saffron, and star anise, while lavender and camphor are excellent essential oils for the brow.

Below is a link to a youtube video that is a breathing meditation to open the Third Eye. I really enjoy this one!! You breath energy in and out of the chakra, and I can always feel a little bit of pressure at my brow when doing this! 



Have fun with the meditation! I hope you find something within this information beneficial. Next time, we'll be discussing the final chakra, the Crown Chakra! Until then, my beautiful and peaceful ones~

Namaste

3 comments:

  1. This one gives me trouble; I have a lot of headaches. Have sapphires in my new ring though, and my fave necklace is labradorite. Might need to start wearing it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I tried doing an opening meditation and it probably worked but I don't know any methods as I'm a bit busy these weeks to look up different ways people do theirs.

    I feel like things AREN'T coming in very easy for me today unlike most days. Usually I am alert and aware of what's going on. I think it's just the feelings I've tried ignoring and they are trying to come out. I have no clue but I feel like I'm somewhere else and not where I should be ... but I keep telling myself that I'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! today you've been in your 3rd eye, which correlates perfectly with the Reiki attunement you had Sunday, and the 21 day cycle. it's great that you are perceptive to it, and it's important to make sure you stay in a state of non judgement in yourself. you are intuitively bringing up issues that need to be healed from a state of love!

    ReplyDelete